Monday, August 8, 2011

Albany gig done and dusted

Ramsnake in action at The White Star's Sunday session recently. It was a great gig with a good crew bopping along in the final set and the general feedback was that all who were there really enjoyed our offering. We had to handle our own sound for this gig with the help of Scotty, who created a basic set up for us. Thank goodness. I hate having to deal with the PA before a gig and really did not get my own sound dialled in and consequently had a poor night on the guitar. I really missed not having the band's 4th member Terry Dodd, our sound guy, who normally looks after things for us as my guitar always sounds great and I play far better. I think I will try miking up my amp next time as it seems to make a significant difference to the way I hear the guitar having something coming back to me from in front of the amp. Oh well! Looks like we will be at Calamaris before the end of the year possibly in September when the weather starts to improve. As well as this blog you can see more pics and catch up with what we are doing on our new Facebook page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment